Oprah's Lifeclass / Happy Book

I want you to take this class too. 
Even if you don't get her network, which I just signed up for...sign into her website and watch there: Oprah's Lifeclass


Last night was her premiere episode and to say I was riveted doesn't even come close to the glazed look I had on my face the entire hour.  
I didn't move and cataloged everything as she said it.

I closed my eyes when she asked.

I evaluated my ego.

I think a part of my ego comes out on the blog. 
I allow it to be more me than I actually am myself.

There was so much I took away, but the salient thing I felt throughout the hour was:
You DEFINE yourself.
You are ALLOWED to define yourself.
And the POWER you FEEL others have over you (your thoughts/your choices/your growth)...is...GIVEN TO THEM BY YOUR EGO.

Sorry if that looks like I'm yelling.  It was all said with enthusiasm.  Her webcast after was just as good.

I'm trying to cut back on TV, as in cut it out completely, but I continue to need to make time for Rosie and Oprah.

And, apparently...myself.

Which, made me think of the gift my girls gave me at the end of my 8th summer at the Boston Ballet.

I've been doing that job for 8 years.  
I've LOVED doing it.
It's watched me grow.
Helped me grow.
It's ego aside some of the best work I've allowed myself to do.
With some of the greatest people I've ever worked with.
People that challenge me, question me, laugh and cry with me and make every day JOYFUL.

I do it for no other reason than I love it.  
It's as pure as a non-ego job as I can get.
I give it my all and I get that joy in return.

This summer, I also got this journal.

I sat outside my room on duty...it was the last night.

And cried.

Cried because I do my job there because I love it.  For no reward from anyone other than I just get to do my job.  BEST JOB EVER.

And here, on the floor of the 4th floor, outside the elevator, I was surrounded by a love I knew was there, I felt it EVERY DAY...but now was sitting around me in the form of gifts.

I didn't need it.

But, I accepted it.

This journal.  

As a thanks for the nightly notes I left my girls, my girls left me a summer note.

And I wept in their thoughtfulness, in their appreciation.  Mostly because I didn't need it.  There is no EGO involved in that job.  Just a shear love for the City of Boston, Boston Ballet, and my ladies.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E