Explorer of the Week!

My love for Beth Newingham is ENDless. 
Seriously, just when I'm done finding things I want to try, there are 15 new things.

Here's an easy one that is often over looked.  
Recognizing your students in different ways.

In my class, we called them our EXPLORER of the WEEK...here you can see Beth's AMAZING version of Star of the Week.
Star of the Week

I pretty much did all the things talked about on her website.

Instead of Rockstar Recognition, I created a blank poster with the Explorer of the Week's photos, and as a part of morning work, every student signed the poster.

Obviously, their spelling and intended written proposal were evaluated by the three teachers BEFORE they wrote.

Kids are so honest, it warms my heart.

"We don't play together a lot, but I think you are nice."
"We've been to school since kindergarten!"
"I count you in my friends."
"You are really funny.  That's all I know."

Here's my banner for the bulletin board.
I know I have a parent letter hanging around here somewhere.

ANNNNNND....that's not the banner, huh?
Though it did look similar, I'll find it. :)
Explore 2010 Found it :) Explorer of the Week 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E