Oprah's Life Class #2 - Anger

She's super fierce.


Super.


Fierce.


And so relevant.


Ms Iyanla Vanzant was on the webcast.  


J'adore.  


As I'm working on her workbooks, I realize the progress I've made in my own life just in the past two months.  


I'm proud of who I am now that I have the time to be able to work on me and not be so angry that things (I wrote rings here first....freudian slip?) weren't going my way.
  • Forgiveness is not being okay that it happened, but rather, acknowledging that it happened and being able to move past that.
  • Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself.  Letting go of the anger so that you can be free, so that you can accept the power that is in you.
You can allow yourself to be complete by letting go of the part that was hurt.


You have no control over what happens to anyone else, other than yourself.


We're never angry for the reason we think we are.


Angry is the easy way out.  
When I'm angry, I am in control of that anger.


So many good morsels last night, I just kept furiously trying to fit the pieces together.
Pardon the disjointedness.  
It's all good.


Go.  
To.  
The.  
Hurt.


Stop thinking about what you feel.  
Feel it.


Until you heal the wounds of your past, you are going to bleed.
You must find the strength, to open the wound, pull out the core of the problem, and deal with it.


Look for your hurt.
Then invite the hurt forward.
Stay out of your mind.


I love you.
You didn't do anything wrong.
The best students get the hardest tests.


I use it as an excuse to not live up to my own brilliance.
Keep ourselves small?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E