Redecoration...AKA Moving Home

When you're 28, unemployed, unmarried, no children, and most of all NO clue what you'd like to do, along with having a master degree in education, and a bachelors in communication and feeling like a complete and utter failure there is only one place you can go to make yourself feel even more defeated.


Home. :)


That's right.

The lane of flowers.  

Where, 11 years ago I peeled out of that driveway so fast and said I'd never look back.

Truth be told, for 11 years I never did.

I stayed in the area of my university after graduate school, taught, worked for my university, my biological mother found me facebook, lost a best friend to cancer, got engaged, I traveled, met my biological sister in NJ, called off my engagement, met an adult bully known as my boss, and realized that everything I was doing was someone else's dream and had nothing to do with what I wanted.

So I took a step back.  

I called my mother.  
You can cringe.  
I did.

And I asked to come home to a haven for a few...well...I didn't don't know how long.  
Days?  Weeks?  Months?  Years?

We stopped talking about how long about a month ago.

I also decided that sleeping in my old, very, VERY tiny room in it's current condition would, inevitably, kill me.  

I didn't tell my mother because even at 28 and 64, she thinks I'm 4 and crazy when I want to try anything something new.

Are your parents high-strung? Not.  Even.  Close.  
Do you know she still won't let me mow the lawn with the rider, but if I want to use the push mower on our ACRE of land, that's cool?

Yeah.

Anyways, I took my less than $100 budget and thought about what I wanted.

Something RELAXING for sure. 
Something that made the room look bigger.
Something blue to help me sleep.
Something that could double as an office and not just a room packed with furniture that looked pre hoarders.

My original color scheme is gone and I didn't take any pictures I don't think.  The top half was pink and the bottom half was like, heavens, I can't even describe the green, like, early 90's green.  EVERYONE's room was that color, which it why I went 1/2 and 1/2.  With a black border in between.  

That black border was my mom's idea. 

She's a lesbian.  I tell you this because...well...OUR ENTIRE HOUSE is in border.  

Really?  You didn't know that early 90's lesbian decor was borders?  Welcome to my life.  She even has a border AROUND the door.  A PAPER BORDER around the door.  It's painful friends, painful.

So, in my search for inspiration, I started HERE!  My lovely teacher friend crafted this for me and I LOVE it.  I had it in the bathroom of my townhouse...those were the days.


I picked the wall color behind it based on some of the hues in the shells.

It's an ice blue and it's perfect.

My room is a work in progress and I'd like to get it to be a cottage feel.  

However, my mother still has the 90's dark wood (lesbian) molding.  
What is that?  

When I finally get around to putting hardwoods down, I'll be painting the molding white.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E