Pinterest Challenge #2 - Fabric Covered Magnetic Board


AMAZEBALLS directions here: Fabric Covered Magnetic Board Tutorial

I followed her directions to a T.  

Almost.

I did get a little lost and overwhelmed at Lowe's.  Meh.  It happens.  

No one EVER comes to ask me for help.  

Ever.  

Big girls get no love in supply stores. 

 None. 

I wandered those aisles looking for the sign pictured in her post. 

(Her TUTORIAL is thorough.  THOR.  OUGH.)

I almost gave up and paid $25 for a piece I did find.  

But, on my way back to the expensive sheet, a little glimmer of metal, from RIGHT where she said it'd be caught my eye and 8 dollars later it was mine.

I will say later I went to Home Depot, where I also never get help and this young gentlemen stopped and asked if I needed help.  

Probably because I was standing at the end of the aisle with tears in my eyes frustrated that I never seem to get help and all I needed were magnets and I was standing right beside the aisle with magnets. 

I'm such a nerd.  

I tell the boy every time I go to one of those stores he needs to come with me.  He always looks like we've got a project that needs help.  

I'm not sure which is sadder, that I can 't get helped or that he can never not.

Boys.

Anyhoozle.

I said I followed it almost.  You follow it exactly, mkay?  

I didn't buy gorilla glue because I'm penny pinching and the glue that was right next to it was a thicker white glue that looks more like paste when it dries.  It worked, but it was MESSY.  Mess.  Y.  Save yourself the heartache and splurge the extra 2 dollars.

I used gems and fabric from Joanne's. 

As I was making over my room, I chose an ice blue for the walls, and have some things that are a little Martha's Vineyard Cottage-y.

So I wanted a color that would pop and that's where that loud fabric comes in.

Also, I didn't find my frame at the Goodwill, I found it at my sweet spot. :)

Michaels.  


They have a big bin of frames someone ordered and never came to pick up.  Dimensions already on it, mine was 23X23. 

And...

$4.

SCORE.

I really LOVE this project because I don't just have pictures I want to hang.  I have a substantial collection of letters and cards that I love that I can now easily change in and out.

I also used colored squares from a scrap of scrapbooking bag ($3 at Michaels) to back some of my photos.  Since the back fabric is so loud, it helps the picture stay grounded.




That card at the bottom is from MC when I left teaching.  It says "Thank You" on the outside.  "You're Amazing" on the inside and then his hand written name.  2nd grade love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E