The Christmas Wreath


Also known as, Rena can't find the power cord to download craft photos.

:)

Nice.

Anyways, these photos were never posted and now that I'm O2F2N....officially off Facebook for now...and have EXPONENTIALLY more time on my hands and feel better about myself, I'll share this short story here.

This was our Christmas wreath 2010.  I know what you're thinking, your crafts skills have better have improved.  Believe you me, I'm working on them. 

It stayed up into January because it's also new year's-ie...right?  
At least that's what I told myself.
My sister on the other hand was going to kill me for leaving it up.

But God works in mysterious ways, and as always...there was a reason we left it up.

So someone could build a home.

Out of the cold, and away from the elements. 

They were pretty quiet neighbors and we didn't even realize they were moving in until, well, their home was finished. 


And I kinda didn't know they'd have so many babies, and they'd be messy, and protective neighbors, but I knew they needed that space away from the snow.

And sparrows are tiny.
And all of God's creatures are important.
Right?

And so they moved in.
At eye level and technically into our house EVERY time you opened the door.
But we had a bad winter in New England and I thanked God that he had found a safe shelter for them.

And then the babies came.

One at a time.

And they were BEAUTIFUL.

They were so little and every time I came home from school, I felt God's hands, securely around them.  Those neighbors of ours knew we meant no harm and would fly to the barren tree beside our house and wait for us to ooh and awe and then go inside.  Then they'd fly back and continue to rear.

Then it was Spring Break in April and time for me to travel to Virginia Beach.

When I came home.  

The BABIES were born!
2 Corinithians 9:8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

They grew up at our house.

We had the space.

They got even bigger. 
And some part of me learned about sharing.

And some part of me learned about space and that fact that sometimes all you need is family, space isn't so important.

And some part of me learned about caring.

My kindergarteners were fascinated when I shared the photos with them.


They got even BIGGER.  I stopped taking photos in their "teen" years because by then, I'll be honest, I was ready for them to learn to fly and leave.  They were so MESSY.  Never cleaned up after themselves.  Had friends over without asking.  Ate their parents out of wreath and home.

And then one day, just as quietly as they had moved in...they were gone.



And the Christmas wreath home was taken down.

But I felt good every time we saw the sparrows in the now growing tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E