It's uncanny.

I have been thinking about this journey I'm on.  With more time for me and more time for scripture and more time for crafting this horrible year into a good year has been SPECTACULAR.


So I don't have a job.


I think Steve Jobs would say, "You also don't have a job you hate."


I've spent a lot of time in the last couple of years of my own journey worrying way to much about what everyone else thought about what I was doing.


I ask all women and mothers, daughters and sisters, and friends WHY we do it?  I know I'm not the only one.


We compare, we condemn, we condone.  It's not right.  Shawshank Redempton - GET BUSY LIVING or GET BUSY DYING.  We need to support one another.


No matter how ridiculous.  Or goofy.


Or uncool we feel.  I promise myself to stop listening to the voices in my head that tell me I'm lame and someone thinks I'm uncool.  And start living.


It's a journey, folks, no one said it came with a manual.  Although, the following is now added to my happy book and I will stand on these happy words and breathe deeply the air of unemployment and reckless abandon.


"You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle."
-Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E