Oprah's LifeClass Finale #25 - You have the POWER!

Oh hey!
I have some catching up to do, don't I?
A lot. :)
About a week and a half of Lifeclass and two days of the happy project.
I'll get there this weekend.

I was blindsided by a stomach bug that laid me up for 2 days.  So.
I'm ending a long two days by sitting down with Oprah for her final night of Lifeclass: Semester One.

George, Frank, and Ellie's mom texted me that she wanted an update AND was worried that I hadn't posted, and was worried that not having George for the afternoon {happy veteran's day} had made me sad :).  Hi Janey! :) <---shout out sistah' friend!

It did - but not that sad. :)
I'm just a little under the weather.
Nothing like OPRAH's FINAL LIFECLASS to build me up buttercup!
I hope you made it to class at least once.  Just once - would change your life.
Tonight's last episode was all about having the power.
YOU have, have always had, will continue to have THE POWER to make your life what you want.
You know that scene in The Wizard of Oz?
Where Dorothy learns that from Glinda?
Glinda is like Dorothy's Oprah.

Dorothy is a good example too.  Sometimes, it takes us time to realize that we in fact have the power.  I've been blessed with friends who have come that realization at all different points in their life.  I'm about to out some of them and their power - so - hopefully no one is totally offended.

Probably the best guy friend I've ever had realized he had that power when he left our office, moved to CA and came out.  POWERFUL.
Another of my gay husbands realized his POWER by never being afraid to travel to find your passion.
My best HS friend - and one of the few friends I had by my senior year realized she had the power by checking into rehab.
Another girl I knew in high school realized she had the power when her baby born at 17 was not the sole purpose of her life and she could do and be more...then was.

Their individual struggle to realize that power they carry in their own lives is something I've always admired.  

I'm proud to add my own story this year of realizing that I MATTER and I will not allow a bad principal or negligent boss to define me.  I have the power to find a job I love and do that in a place where people appreciate my gifts.  Phew.  What a power.

This was also a resonating theme at the life class webcast - Are you carrying ANGER or are you carrying hurt?  It goes back to the episode where we were talking about opening up the wound and pulling out all those painful pieces and making yourself deal with them.  It can be ugly and hard, but the reward is FAR FAR FAR greater.

*Give up the hope that the past could have been any different. <---Amen sister and brother friends.  Amen.  It's a hard lesson, but one that once lived, allows you to let go, and let god.

*Keep moving forward. <---Thank Walt Disney.  These words continue to console me.

Someone also asked how to feel joy when the other negative things are going wrong in your life.  Know what Iyanla said...and I LOVED....I SCOOPED IT UP?
COUNT it ALL as JOY!
And...YOU ARE ENOUGH.  Iyanla wants you to know that...Oprah wants you to know that.  I want you to know that.

Mr. B and I are going to see J. Edgar tomorrow and I also plan to craft.

Hey Jayne - Thanks for reading :)  You're a doll.

1 comment:

  1. We love you a lot and hope you are feeling better! Know what? George and I made you something for the Happy Project. You're going to love it. See you later.
    The Bertrams

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little L.O.V.E