the HAPPY DAY project day #1

Today's project - saved a very bad, no good, terrible, horrible, very bad day and made it WONDERFUL!

I had planned to make some cake balls for our neighbors.

I also had to pick up LMG and take him shopping with me after school.

Love that child.

LUURRRRVE.  Him.

I picked him up, and immediately got honked at and then given the finger off this little suburban side street.  It made me feel sad.

"Someone should tell her, " LMG said, "That there are babies without food."  

He melts my heart.  Kids hear EVERYTHING.

Then, while we were shopping in WalMart, there was some really angry people waiting with us at returns.  LMG even held my hand, that's how rude they were.

So far - it was not a very happy day - then...it happened.

LMG and I were making our way into the store from Customer Service and I saw an elderly lady being told her card was declined.

She didn't know how that could have happened and she needed the food.

IF you read this blog you know I'm unemployed, in debt, and have about $200 to pay bills and live off, while debt collectors hunt me down.

But I had $38.00 from that return.  I only needed about 5 of that to make cake balls so I hustled LMG and I over to the lady, presented my debit card and asked if I could pay.

She started to cry and the only thing I could think to do was hug her.

I whispered to pass it on and hustled into the store.

Doing good can be overwhelming.

We got our goods and headed to the checkout.  The lady behind me had 1 jar of pickles and batteries.
"Let me add hers too."  The woman stared at me.  

Have a good day.  LMG and I left feeling better about the day.

We were headed home on the Mass Pike and passed our now new friend, Kristy with a flat tire.
I can change those and am pretty good.
Like under 20 minutes good.

We'd had such a rough start to the day - I slowed, pulled over and got LMG out of the car.  We walked down to Kristy, asked if we could help and commenced tire changing.  LMG was out of his mind excited.  I on the other hand was scared beep less, as he stood FAR from the side of the road and watched from the grass.

I'd like to say I was fast, but I had trouble with the jack and ONE tire bolt...still 30 minutes later, Kristy was good to go.

She wanted my name and address.  

I wanted her to have a happy day. :)

LMG and I got home and commenced cake ball making.
I may or may not have forgotten that they moved Halloween to tonight because of the power outage - oops.
That's okay.

We had candy.
We had cake balls.
We had the adorable printable from the HAPPY DAY project.
We were good.

My 89-year old Nana lives next door so we made Chocolate Cake balls because those are her favorites.
When I asked her if they came out alright - she replied - "I love 'em, better than cake."  'Nuff said.

We also made some for Bill and Doreen who live next to my Nana and love her just as much as us.  They cook for her and deliver baked goodness ALL the time.  Doreen and Bill are the once in a lifetime neighbors.  You know the kind - who come over when your mother has knee surgery and cut up Nana's pills and take care of the yard and trim the trees - just because they're neighbors.  During the power outage they brought Nana breakfast EVERY DAY with warm food and hot coffee.  Seroiusly?!  I live in THAT neighborhood.  I enjoyed sharing with them.

And we also made some for our neighbors, Chris and Lauren.  They are a 20-something Jehovahs Witness couple who moved to MA from NJ.  I know Jehovah's don't celebrate anything except wedding anniversaries and they had their light off tonight for Halloween, but I happened to catch them right as they were eating supper, in the dark.  I knocked and they looked at me like - um- we don't have candy and why are you trick or treating.  I got away with leaving my goodness by telling them they  were receiving a random act of kindness.  They walked their dog, Oscar, over later tonight to tell me thank you.

No ya'll, thank you.  You let us pile up massive amounts of brush on your lawn after the snow storm.  You let my mother read your paper when ours isn't delivered.  You rock.
CAN NOT wait for Day #2 :).

Happy DAY,  INDEEED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E