the Happy Day Project! Day #3

Mr. B is usually the first to read my posts.
He thought I sounded angry yesterday.
Sorry, Mr. B.
I wasn't really angry.
Just frustrated. 
And I didn't get to post about the Happy Project, so I'll make up for my grump grumpaninnies from yesterday with your update today :)

Day #2 - Handwritten Note {finished}

I posted on the actual day two that LMG and I spent the day creating cards.  I even made Wren a hand made envelope.  Sure it's lopsided, but that's where you find the love.
 Hope Wren loves Le Target Boutique as much as we do up here.
Day #3 - Gift card to the homeless:
I had to drive up to Amherst - about 40 minutes away - to complete this part of the assignment
Every body runs on Dunkin' around here.  So I picked up my $10 gift card, LMG, and an Iced Apple Cider because it's been so nice around here lately and we headed up.

Little Man George and I had some good dialogue in the car about Nana Ruth and her fall.  That kid has a heart the size of the universe.

I then started telling him about who we were going to try and find: Motown Benny.
You usually start to see him, his cape, and bucket around Christmas Time.
I always give to that man.  His heart is pretty big too.
"Pretty young lady," he'll say as I put a ten in his bucket, "pretty, pretty, nice young lady, you have a good day now."
And while he uses that money he makes to support others in worse situations, I keep thinking I need to do more.
It's when you have nothing that you can appreciate what you still can DO for others.

Motown Benny wasn't out today.
Sad.
So LMG and I picked up Wren's gift card and headed back to my sweet spot.
Guillermo was there.  He's in his mid 20's.  From the Dominica.  Works hard every day.
Just doesn't have a home.
We bought him a coffee and gave him the card.
LMG gave him a high five and an LMG smile that could bring the dead back to life.
I gave him a hug and told him to read the card.
It's something Jeannett said over on Life Rearranged and it really resonated with me.
I wrote it in Wren's card and gave it to Guillermo.

"The world is small.  We're in it together."

I'll get LMG in a couple of hours and we'll commence operations give a book to a friend. :)
Determined to make today happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E