The Happy Project Day #2

Oh Happy Day Project!

Day #2 was much more mellow.  See Day #1 for why :).
And started off on a happier NOTE.
The Printable from HopeInk was TOO cute to pass up. 
Check it :) ---> hope ink printable

You should also check out and link up with Joy's Hope & Life Rearranged for the Happy Day Project.

I printed out some cards for myself and for LMG.
Little Man George is pretty stoked that he gets to hang with me after school DURING the HAPPY DAY project.  Today, he got involved too.  He made a card for his mom and dad,  but not his brother LBF because "he's not going to like a love card". :)  BAHAHAHA.  His seven year old scrunched face was enough to make me burst into laughter for 10 minutes.  "Gross."

Supplies: Paint Chip Strip, scraps, Bedazzled scissors, glue
 We cut out the cards first.
 Using some scrap card stock we made an inside of the card.
 For Nana.  89 is the new Awesome.  I taught LMG to tell her that.  She can't get enough.
 I wish I could tell you this is mine.  It's not, that's LMG with scraps and glue.  Seriously.
That kid has the best ideas.
 He was also my designer for Wren's card.
Here's the inside of Wren's card.  Can't wait to put a gift card in that tomorrow :).
I almost didn't make it through reading about Wren without crying.  Then LMG and I working together and I had an even harder time keeping it together.

LMG says, "I want to write 'I love you like water...like on a day when I am so thirsty', how do you spell thirsty."  I.  Died.  I squished him so hard and told him he has a heart the size of the world.  He laughed at me like I was nuts.

Later, when we were working on his card for his dad, he asked, "I would write, You are the strongest dad I know.  Like he could hold the whole world and never ever get tired, right?"  I.  Died.  And cried a little bit because LMG is probably one of the sweetest 7 year olds I know.  
Seriously? 
Strongest Dad?!  
Child.  Child.  Child.

We also left some candy and note for our postal worker in the Mailbox, it seemed appropriate.

Tomorrow we're giving a gift card to the homeless.  And I, of course, know just who that's going to be.  It will require a trip to Amherst, but nothing could make me happier.

Oh happy day to you, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E