Happy Day Project Planning and Super Soul Sunday

Rarely, if ever, do I pray for renewal...for myself. 
I've gone through a lot this year, a lot of "life junk", you know?
The kind of "life junk" that is not recyclable and I wish to just throw it all away.
The, "start over life junk".

That being said, my prayers for renewal are usually for others.
That they feel it.
That they share it.
That their hope spring anew.

This year I prayed for renewal in a friend's marriage, as their infertility brought them to the brink.
I mean - it broke my heart.

I prayed for renewal in a friend's marriage, as their indiscretions tore their family apart.

I prayed for renewal in my mother's life, that she might find the truth she so desperately searches for.

But renewal for myself?
That's always felt selfish.
Not a very authentic me.

Today however, after a trying week, I sat after morning service and my mind went a little blank, I took a 20 minute power nap, watched a little super soul sunday on OWN and started dinner with family and friends.  I also started wrapping my head around this HAPPY PROJECT and what this week will look like:

Sometime between cutting potatoes and looking for my note paper, I felt it.
An ease.
A comfort.
A breathe of fresh air.

He is mighty to save, and while I've been busy praying for so many around me, he saw my tiredness, my weariness.  My haggard heart.

And he filled me up.

My child, I heard, My child, sit and rest awhile.  
Sit and know you are loved.
Suddenly - I had the strength of 20 men.
And could cook a billion meals. :)

I am so ready for the coming days, ready to live in joy, celebrate and spread the love.


Dinner.
Check.
Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E