THAT'S why she's so awesome

A dear friend and former colleague of mine has three adopted children.

The youngest of which she brought home from Ecuador this summer.

The oldest and WISEST of which is George.
(Random side note: I LOVE LOVE LOVE older sounding names on little boys...their younger son is Frank...uhh...love.)

He is 7.

I want to steal him all the time.

He has the BIGGEST, BROWNEST eyes you have ever seen.

BIGGER than mine.

And that's HUGE.

Anyhoozle.

George and I were hanging out yesterday.

He's into legos.

I'm into anything he's into.

So we were building.

I was also telling him about the BFG and how when we're done playing legos, I should start reading it to him.

He's not entirely sold, but I think my accents will kill it.

So he was taking the time to tell me all about his new BEAUTIFUL, AMAZEBALLS little sister, Eleanor.

CUTEST little peanut.

In George's word, if I can take the liberty, "She's pretty special."

And, my personal favorite, "She's like, having a baby, but better."  What?

I don't even know what that means and it's so cute.

So, as we're playing I happened to say, "Being adopted it pretty great George, you're whole family is special."

He slowly stops playing stands up and looks at me.

I stop playing and look at him.

"Are you adopted?"  He asked me.

"Yes sir,"  I answered.
He was staring at me intensely.
Like, I was a little scared intensely.
Like, did I make the spaceship wrong intensely.

"Oh.  That makes sense."  He said matter of factly.
He sat down and started to play again.

"Um, yup." I responded because at this point I was lost and my spaceship needed lights.

...

A little while later, when I was getting ready to leave, George made me fall in love with him all over again.

I was trying to find my clutch...STORY OF MY LIFE, and my friend was holding Baby Ellie and George was trying to whisper to his Mom.

Exasperated he finally announced, "Did you know Rena was adopted?"

We both smiled.
"Of course," she said.

"THAT'S why she's so awesome," George said.
So matter of fact, that I had to skedaddle out of there uber fast so as not to lose any of my cred' with George by bawling like a small infant.

Being adopted.
It's like, awesome. :)

Oh, George.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E