LMG and other life lessons from a 7-year old

LMG or my little man George, who I introduced in this post: That's Why She's So Awesome, got to have some QT today.

His mom needed to take the Frank and Ellie to the DR's and LMG needed a pick up from school.
I, of course, was THRILLED to oblige.

He attends a private parochial school and as I got in line to get him, I could see him, his GIGANTIC brown eyes, his red bow tie (I KNOW!), and his white crisp shirt, and his khaki blue pants waving at me.

He started to dash towards my car, I rolled down my window to yell at him to wait, but a teacher was doing the same thing.

"But, I know, but that's my, that's, that's my Rena."  I heard him trying to explain.
SO stinking cute.

He hopped into his booster seat in my car and exclaimed, "Is this YOUR CAR?"
"Yup."
"It's awesome."
My 2000 corolla, big hit with kids.  The only thing I can think is that his mom drives a Momobile, and he has to sit in the third row.  He kept telling me it was so cool to sit up front.  I didn't have the heart to explain he was still technically in the back seat.

I had to run some errands, and of course, LMG was thrilled to come along.
Thrilled because I let him pick out some stuff at Michaels, and Stop and Shop.
LMG got to hold my phone so I could pick up a few things for this recipe...and he decided to play photog:





Thrilled because he got to ride IN the cart and then on the end of the cart
Thrilled because I may or may not have brought him to Dunkin Donuts for some hot apple cider and some donut holes.

Mmmm....hot apple cider.
I was teasing him that since I didn't have any kids of my own, I enjoyed getting practice at being a mom.  Someday, I'll be one.  I had to stifle laughter as we were leaving Stop and Shop these three older ladies were commenting that I had such a HANDSOME son.  For all intents and purposes, I could pass for his mom, but I politely said I was just babysitting.
LMG laid on the charm, "She's just practicing being a mom."
The ladies chuckled, and asked if I was doing a good job.
Thanks ladies.
"Yeah, I got to get a candy bar and we're going to Dunkin Donuts."

Bahaha, great parenting.
Anyways, my friend told me that LMG loved hanging out and was high on sugar when I dropped him back off.  I'm like an Aunt was my reply, the devious aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E