Pinterest Challenge #7 - Oil Drip Pan Magnet Board

I found this beauty on pinterest and immediately fell in love.  Also, fell in love with the adorable diaper baby. :)

Find the blog link here: NicandKate

My bed is pretty lame.
I have this beautiful black wrought iron frame from IKEA that I LOVE, but since moving home, spatially it's impractical to have a head AND FOOTboard, so I am using my old frame, which in the grander scheme of things works better with the beach cottage feel.
 That seersucker bedding is from the Bon Ton and I LOVE IT. I have two shams and a square pillow cover but ever since the visitors came last fall, less bedding is more.

I put up the wall pops that I had while at the Boston Ballet.  I know what you're thinking, what are you 12?  Sometimes, on the inside, I am. ;)

However, I needed something more long term.  Cue OIL pan magnet board.  I have to get some more pictures of this project, but suffice it so say, this is one of my FAVORITE projects and seeing an idea get tweaked to work for my room....INSANELY rewarding.

Pinterest, thank god you and my Crockpot are not people, I probably would never leave you alone.
Here's what I used to put it together:


$9.00 Oil Drip Pan from Wal Mart.  There has been a lot of talk about wiping it down  This bad boy was brand new and required no cleaning.  It was HUGE!

I used spray glue, glitter foam sheets (that were actually self adhesive, letters, rickrack, scissors


I made the magnets with left over $1 store gems and $1.97 magnets from WALMART.





I added the foam over the part of the oil pan that was indented with their logo, still leaving a large chunk of the board for use.

Challenge #7 Continued


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E