Quick Makeover and Pitfalls

I started this morning by stepping on this gem.  
Serves me right for sleeping on the Bertram's couch to watch TV at night.
Fail.

But even a little holier, LBF and I got our craft on, turning this:
weekly calendar I made with fabric and a $10 frame, into something more seasonally appropriate with $1.99 wrapping paper from TJ Maxx.
{In transition}

{Finished Project}

Hooray!

LBF and I are off to the bank {since there is no money in my account, I thought I'd go have a chat with them about current circumstances}
and then the…ehem…
Unemployment office.

For 5 months, I've known the right job was right around the corner.
For 5 months, I've not wanted to try and collect because, there are people that REALLY needed it.
For 5 months, I could get by.
For 5 months, I was in denial about how bad it was.

Then the bank called and said my money was gone, bills needed to get paid and reality smacked in the face.

That $4 from November, that was a luxury I can not afford.

BUT.
I'll be okay, you'll be okay, he, she, we, will be okay.
Because, I refuse to think otherwise.

Grace.

2 comments:

  1. #1: Need better access to the interwebs in SA.
    #2: Kiss my manly boys for me and tell them we love 'em.
    #3: In reference to picture one - OUCH. {In reference to LEGOS - I KNOW!}
    #4: Collect unemployment for heaven's sake. YOU of all people deserve it. I mean really? A teacher bullied by her principal, then bullied by her principal, then over coming the bullying by helping others? Collect. Or we'll do it for you.

    Can NOT wait for everyone to meet little E-Jay.
    She's the bees knees.

    2 is the knew infant. :)

    See you all in a couple of days.

    The Bertram's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah!?
    I love you three SO very much.
    I may love your boys a teeny bit more.
    I made them mashed potato for dinner. BIG HIT.
    I may have tie dyed one of LMG's red ties this afternoon, but in other news….
    We can't wait to meet E-Jay…we've nicknamed her already?
    Alright if I go with Emerson - my new favorite gal's name ?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little L.O.V.E