Thanksgiving in NYC

Mr. B and I had a very busy Thursday.
We traveled to NYC the night before and stayed with my friends.
I've been visiting them on Thanksgiving since the Accountant and I were dating.
NYC around the holidays is MAGICAL.

When we first started visiting, our friends rented a 1 bedroom loft on the upper east side.
SMALL, but so homey.
All 12 of us would squeeze into the living/dining area and eat a catered Thanksgiving.
Now, TWO children later, they live in a 2 bedroom loft on the upper west side.

Cici is 6...can you believe that?
Fiona is 2.

Energy level for both? A bajillion.
We are all in our late twenties, early thirties...and we jam in there like it's an elementary school sleep over.
Later tonight (Thursday) Mr. B and I will cozy up on a double air mattress and laugh the night away with beautiful friends.

The parade this morning was beautiful.
Pictures forthcoming.
It's something like the 9th year for me.
Absolutely not a {seen it once}, type of deal.

I'm a bit of an OCD packer since we had the {bed bugs} after our hotel stay in NJ.
So.
I planned and photographed our three outfits, washed and heat dried the clothing AND duffle bag on high heat and put each days outfit in a zip lock bag.

I know, I have a problem.
But, getting outfits ready ahead of time helps us ENJOY the days rather than thinking about what would go with and what we should wear when...etc.


Day One....Parade Day
Jean Jacket: Torrid
White Shirt: Wal Mart
Skirt: Old Navy
Leggings and Boots: Le Target Boutique
{I also rocked my gold and white ruffled scarf from The Pleated Poppy}
It was CHILLY today.

Day One....Thanksgiving Dinner and Later Desserts @ Serendipity
Switched the Jacket for the Purple Target Sweater...had a magical time so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E