Happy Day Project Round Up :)

The Happy Happy Happy Day Project Week was AMAZEBALLS!
{Julie and Jeannett were SUPER AWESOME to give us a week to get our post together...sadly...it took me two weeks :)}  HAPPY!
Here we go:
Treate to our FANTASTIC NEIGHBORS!
This assignment fell on our city's week late Halloween {post the Nor'easter}, so it was like reverse trick or treating.






We delivered Cake Balls and Delicious notes to Neighbors Bill and Doreen, Neighbors Chris and Lauren, and Neighbor Nana.
JOY!Happy Project success!






Jeannett talks about being ruined on her blog by some of these assignments.
This one RUINED me.  In a good way.
Writing letters with Little Man George and listening to the way he loves his family.
Writing a note to my 89 year old Nana and 5th grade teacher.
Sending Wren her note and target card was...well...I was a puddle.
EVERY time I think of young people who are sick I think of her.
And I imagine that this small gift would have given her family a little peace of heart and piece of heart for that matter.
And I miss my best friend.  
BREATHE IN.  Breath out.  
I'm okay...I WILL....NOT....CRY....
Inside Wren's Card
LMG and I headed to Amherst, MA to find my favorite bucket playing homeless super hero who supports MANY other homeless people by renting an apartment where they can stay, alas, we found another one of the many homeless youth in the 5 College Area.
LMG delivered our Dunkin Donuts card with a hi-5 and one of his famous smiles.
"The world IS small, and we're all in together."





I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read and that made this assignment exceptionally difficult.  How many books, to how many friends, and then WHICH ONES!?  Thankfully, I knew what I wanted to do the next day to REFRESH someone, so I loaded up my car with some of my favorite classroom library books and headed to my ALL time favorite school where a certain someone named Jayne works and delivered some of my favorites to her class.  A Turkey for Thankgiving...Favorite read aloud of the season!







Refreshing someone was supposed to take place our favorite park...sadly, and truly, our favorite Duck, Ozzie, was murdered there the day before and I decided that was not so much where I wanted to be.  So I decided to combine Day 4 and 5 and deliver some refreshment to some teachers.  I made notes that said "I wish I could really send you to FIGI, but hope this refreshes you today!"






"Service" is broad right?  I did also pay for the actual Air Forcemen in line behind us at Chipotle this day too, but I felt so corny, I didn't ask for a photo....PLEASE people, I was on the verge of tears!  We have service people who teach our children every day while being parents themselves, and children themselves, and friends, and boyfriends...so, ya' know, I turned my eyes to them.  I made flower pens and delivered a floral arrangement to the teacher's lounge of three of my favorite schools.

To wrap up the week, we'll be doing blessing boxes as a church service project with our youth group in 2 Sunday's, stay tuned :)

The Happy Project is as much about doing happy things, as it is putting happiness out in the world and watching as it bounces off the light of others and makes the world a happier place.



I can't thank Julie or Jeannett enough for this incredible endeavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E