Holiday Wreath Made by a Teenager :)

I've been pinteresting the holidays since last holiday. :)
I've tried to break it down by month, and tried....key being TRIED...to stay a month ahead of the actual holiday.

October and November's wreath was the Thumb tack wreath...so that was done late in October, early for November.

I'm getting started on Holiday stuff, as cheaply and as early as I can.

This being a no sob story place, needless to say, I've got about $10.00 set aside for the ENTIRE holiday season. 
And no, I didn't mean $100.

The majority of that goes to getting myself to NYC for Thanksgiving and New Year's with friends.  Shout out Rina and Kavel <---- See you, your munchable munchkins, and your masterfeast dinner theater in just a couple of days!

Back on track here and without further ado...the wreath.

Pinterest has a BAJILLION and 37 wreath ideas and honestly, if I had a bajillion and 37 rooms, I'd make them all and live in a house of wreaths.  

Sadly, I have about 10 rooms that could use a wreath total, and about 2 that actually have them hanging.

What excited me about this project is that NOTHING is glued on. 
NOTHING.  
You'll use hot glue, but not TO the wreath.

So I have a new plan.
It makes me giddy.

In January, after the holiday, I'll take a big zip lock bag, dismantle all the December Pieces into the bag, and create a January wreath using the white yarn wreath I already have.  At the end of the January, I'll bag those pieces up and use the white yarn wreath to make a Valentine's Heart Wreath for February....and so on.

Someone, somewhere, already thought up that idea and I'm totally grateful for it.  
I think In January we'll try doing that argyle pattern in blues, whites, and silvers?
 Here's what you'll need.

1. Straw Wreath $2.99 @ Joanne's
2. A skein of whatever color yarn you'd like, I chose white and it was $2.49 @ Joanne's
3. 4 sheets of felt, 4/$1 @ Joanne's (I got 2 red, 1 brown, and one green - The red and brown were embossed and beautiful.)
4. Pins of a different assortment, I used what I had which included gold thumbtacks from October and pearl corsage pins from other yarn wreaths.
5. Hot glue gun or glue.
6. Berries from Joanne's...currently 50% off!  JOY.  I got those bad boys for .49 cents!

Make the yarn wreath by wrapping the white yarn tightly around the straw wreath, this should be tight, but not too tight.
DON'T try to multitask this part.
I was watching Once Upon A Time on my laptop, playing with Little Buddy Frank and Wrapping.
At one point, I wrapped it too tight and there is a skinny part of the wreath.
{Thankfully, I covered that with felt flowers.}

Using strips of felt cut form the red, embossed sheet about 1/2 thick, I started wrapping the candy cane stripe around.

I used a thumbtack to hold it in place while I made sure the placement looked good.

One they were wrapped, about 6 strips for mine, I hot glued the ends together so that it became one lone piece of felt. {helpful for next year mostly}

I covered the connectors with a row of gold thumbtacks.
I had left overs, you could also spray those the same color as your felt.

For my flowers - I started working from here:
Mrs. Priss' Tut - SO SIMPLE.

Somewhere out in blog world someone has a tut about cutting on the diagonal instead of straight - it gives it a real petal effect and I did that on three of the flowers.
I made three brown {1 big 2 small}, and two red {small}

Using the long pearl tipped corsage pins, I pinned the the flowers to that small spot.

I folded green circle felt into leaves and stuck those in around the flowers - no glue, no pins, just stuck 'em in.

Added the red berries, just stick 'em in again and wallah - finished!

On that note....another LMG story

I went to get LMG in this outfit today.
His comments about the way I dress are free comedy.
Today, he started with the comment on the picture.
My response was, "Who told you to say that?"
"Nobody.  But you do.  You look like a teenager."

My response was...."Pay you a quarter to say that EVERY time you see me."
"Okay," a beat, "Hey, Rena,  you look like a teenager."

We laughed for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E