Pinterest Challenge #12 - Ruffled Tree Skirt

Did you guess what yesterday's sneak peek was?
A NO Sew Tree Skirt!  
They're ALL OVER pinterest and GORGEOUS.
Mine took three hours to make.
60 mini sticks of hot glue.
4 yards of fabric of choice.
Dollar Tree Dollar tree skirt as base.

I cut my strip two inches thick as the tutorials recommend.  
Then started gluing on the ruffle.
Here we are on our way
{When I ran out of fabric} :)
My fabric was a linen-y type gray and white stripe. 
$1.50 a YARD from Le Wal Mart!
That's right for 6 bucks for THIS!

When I got to the top, or the end, I was not so happy with the finished result, so I came up with something to finish the ends.
Taking a 2 inch strip of fabric, I sprayed on glue, and folded the edges over.
I then just whipped stitched it on at the top for a more finished look.  SEW SIMPLE.
Since the dollar tree skirt has velcro already, I just made some fabric flowers with my leftover fabric and put those over the velro spot.
This very afternoon LMG and I went to town at my Mom's House.
 J'Adore.

 I love LOVE LOVE!
Happy Holidays!

Inspired, want to make one....Mustard Seed Interior TUTORIAL!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E