Permission to Move On

I'm going to move forward.
The whole HS Reunion thing was so, SO....Saturday night.
I appreciate the Bertram's take that I didn't miss much.
And I was reading over Iyanla's words...
"I give you permission to stop wishing the past could be any different."
Moving forward can be hard because we long to make different choices "then".

I'm not a mother, or a wife, YET, but I think about the children in my life, Mr. B, my AMAZEballs friends, and nutty family and but for the grace of God, I have all of them, BECAUSE of the past.
It's why I LOVE working for the Ballet and 14 and 15 year old who are so introverted in their small world.
I love to SEE them, really see them.
Hug them goodnight, tell them I love them, and that I SEE THEM.
Because no friend of mine in HS ever did.
How in class of 346 I felt so alone is beyond me.
But, I think about that sadness and how it brought me to the Accountant, who changed my WHOLE LIFE.  Literally, my WHOLE Life.  Who, in spite of not being husband material, SAW ME.
I think about Anaise, a small, gregarious 4 year old, who in my senior year, in our HS preschool, SAW ME.
And the truth of the matter is, while I didn't  have friends in my hs class, He was leading me to BETTER, stronger, more faithful friends, all the while tending to our relationship, growing it, fostering it.
Sorry blog land friends, I really did start to write a post about my pinterest pins...but this was sitting there needing to be written.
So, I give YOU permission to stop wishing the past could be any different.  
What will that allow you to move into?  
That sentiment feels a lot like grace.

ALSO:

Ehem, on a totally and terrifically random aside, Mr. B and I have heard MOOING, distressed mooing outside our house all afternoon and into the evening.
Mr. B doesn't think they exist, just wait until mating season, Mr. B.  Just WAIT.

Protected wetlands aside, we have bears, fisher cats, polliwogs, skunks, and squirrels...but to the best of my knowledge there isn't any cows...at what point to we call the...the...um...a farmer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E