The City of Brotherly Love

So you might remember, from say - the majority of my posting - that I've been looking for work.

Well…
I GOT a job.
Okay, not just any job.
My DREAM job.

A lot of work.
Not a ton of pay.
A place to live included.
Meals and bills covered.
Not in the city of my dreams.

But my Dream JOB.
I live in MA.
But as of TOMORROW, yes, tomorrow.
I'm a MA transplant to Philadelphia.
Hooray.

I'm playing crazy today as I run around packing my life into Cora the Corolla.
Visit with Friends.
And, of course, saying Goodbye to the Bertram Clan.

Which feels impossible.
I drove over there this morning to have breakfast and I think we were all in tears by bite one.
To tell you that I've become ridiculously close to their entire family is an understatement and while I feel their enthusiasm for my new job, and making money again…I could feel the unease this morning.

The absolute worst part was Little Man George.
Who looked at me with a better understanding this morning that I was leaving.  
For good.

"Philadelphia," he said staring at me, "Is far away, right?"
"Well," I responded, "Not that far.  I'll be up to visit when ever I can."
"Uh huh.  But will you be able to come to my birthday or how about to get a Valentine or see the Easter Bunny?"
"Well," I said, feeling those adult tears well, "Probably not for everything, but I'll absolutely skype you on your birthday and I'm pretty sure there is a Lego place we can go."
"That will be fun," Jayne said.
But he looked at me with Puss in Boots eyes and I could tell he was sad.
Because I was sad.

He and the AMAZING Bertram's will see me off tomorrow AM.

And I will cherish EVERY minute of that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little L.O.V.E